Sales and Use Tax Refund

Did you know?

Within two weeks of the Project Completion Date identified in their contract, taxpayers must notify the Iowa Department of Revenue that their project has been completed and that they intend to file for a sales and use tax refund claim. Taxpayers will need to be logged in with their A&A ID in order to file their notice of intent to claim a sales and use tax refund. Taxpayers will need the appropriate tax credit certificate number and contract number to file their notice of intent. If the taxpayer has not received a tax credit certificate, please contact the Iowa Economic Development Authority. Taxpayers have one (1) year after the project completion date to file their refund claim.